Summer Option: Registration opens 5/1/17
||Grade in Fall 2017
SUMMER Youth Basketball Mini League (entering 5th-8th grade in fall 2017)
Pass, shoot, dribble! Do you have a basketball player in your house? If so, this is the perfect league for them! Practices will concentrate on skill building, game philosophy, and fundamentals. This 5 week mini league is a perfect opportunity to stay involved in basketball, while not letting it disrupt your summer plans! For our summer mini leagues, all teams will be formed by a skills evaluation. See below for more information.
Registration Information: Opens Monday 5/1/17
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 5/24/17 ($59)
- Final Registration Deadline: 5/31/17 ($69)
- Practices: Practices are dependent on available gym space. Each team will have one practice a week. No practices the week of July 3.
- Games: League games will be played on Thursdays from 6/22-7/27. No end of season tournament. No games on July 6.
- Locations: Practices and games may be at the “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House, DFJ Center, or other community gyms.
- Team Formation (NEW FOR SUMMER): For the mini league, teams will be formed by all players going through a skills evaluation. Buddy requests are available online at: www.chicorec.com/CARD-Programs/Athletics/Youth-Sports-General-Information--Parent-Tips/ . Grades will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league (which is very likely in the summer). This will be determined after the registration deadline. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
- Skills Evaluation: CARD will contact all participants with a time and location of the skills evaluation.
|Entering 5th Grade in fall 2017||Entering 6th Grade in fall 2017||Entering 7th Grade in fall 2017||Entering 8th Grade in fall 2017
out and get some time on the courts in our Open Gym Basketball.
Participants must be 18 years of age or older. $3.00 at the door or
purchase a 10 Punch Pass for $25.00. Each Punch Pass has 10 punches,
good for use at any open gym
session. No expiration on the Punch Pass. If purchased on-line, card
will be sent out to the
Field House for pick-up the following scheduled open gym.
18+ Adult Basketball
Sunday 8:30am-10:30am @ Community Park Field House
50+ Adult Basketball
Tuesday 7:00pm-9:00pm @ Pleasant Valley High, East Gym