Volleyball Instructional League: 2nd-4th Grade
This instructional league is open to all youth in 2nd-4th grade. Coaches will work with players the first 2-3 weeks to introduce the sport of volleyball using basic skill techniques and formations. The last 2-3 weeks will feature 30-minute practices and a formal 30 minute game each day. Fundamentals and simple game strategy will be taught throughout the program. Show up the first day and be ready to play! You will not be contacted by a coach for this program. General youth sports jersey is optional (can be purchased at the CARD Office for $15). “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House at Community Park.
Registration deadline: Open until filled or program starts, no on-site registration available
Age: 2nd-4th Grade
Saturdays | 9/21-10/19 | 9:30-10:30 AM | Register online
Saturdays | 9/21-10/19 | 10:45-11:45 AM | Register online
Volleyball League: 4th-8th Grade Game Information
- 4th/5th Game Schedules &Tournament Brackets
- 6th Game Schedles & Tournament Brackets
- 7th/8th Game Schedules & Touranment Brackets
For practice information, please contact your coach directly.
Volleyball League Registration Information: 4th-8th Grade
Bump, Set, Spike! Do you have a volleyball player in your house? If so, this is the perfect league for them! Practices will concentrate on skill building, setting, passing, spiking, digging and serving. Each team will have one practice a week, and a 7 game guarantee during the season (including the end of season tournament).
Players will be emailed their team information before practices are scheduled to start. The cost of a team shirt is included in the cost of registration.
Final Registration Deadline passed on 8/19/19 ($109). PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GET ON OUR WAITLIST
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS:
Grade is what player is entering in fall 2019
4th Grade I Course # 5360 I Click here to get on our waitlist
5th Grade I Course # 5365 I Click here to get on our waitlist
6th Grade I Course # 5369 I Click here to get on our waitlist
7th Grade I Course # 5371 I Click here to get on our waitlist
8th Grade I Course # 5372 I Click here to get on our waitlist
Practices: Practices are dependent on available gym space. Each team will have one practice a week during the season.
- 4th-8th grade games will be played on Fridays, starting 9/6 (schedules will be posted on 8/27 by 5PM)
Uniforms: Cost of a team shirt is included in the registration fee. Team shirts will be handed out on-site at picture day or before.
Locations: Practice and game locations are dependent on available gym space. Locations will include “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House, the Dorothy F. Johnson Center and other community gyms.
Team Formation: All teams will be formed using our team formation procedure. Grades will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league. This will be determined after the registration deadline. Genders are combined. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
Skills Evaluation: Staff will contact participants for a skills evaluation if one is needed.
Buddy Request: Do you have one friend you want to request your player to play with? Go to www.chicorec.com/buddy to fill out a Buddy Request.
Practice Matrix: For specific questions about practice times, please contact your coach.
Picture Schedule: Group and individual pictures will be available. Click the picture schedule below dates & times.CARD Volleyball Fall 2019 PICTURE SCHEDULE.pdf
- Seating is limited at all locations. Please bring a chair if you have one available.
- Due to safety, spectators are not allowed to sit behind any service line.
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators. All persons in the gym are expected to follow CARD's Code of Conduct.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc.