Chico Unified Elementary Schools
The CARD After School Program will resume at Chico Unified schools when they return to their traditional learning model/Tier 3.
Blue Oak Charter School
Starting on Monday, November 9, Blue Oak is returning to in person instruction. CARD is offering an After School Program Monday through Thursday from 12:15-5:30pm for kinder-5th grades.
Click HERE to register. Registration will close on Thursday, November 5th at 5:00pm or once spots fill. Must have 10 children registered for the program to run.
Grades: Kinder-5th grades
Dates: Nov 9, 2020- Jan 22, 2021 (8 weeks)
Days: Monday through Thursday
Fee: $640 (Payment plan available. Charges will be $160 at registration, $240 on Nov 20, $240 on Dec 11)
WHAT TO BRING
- Masks- Children must wear a face mask at all times. Please send your child with a backup mask.
- Food- Lunch/snacks are not provided. Your child is welcome to participate in the school lunch program or bring their own lunch and snacks.
- Emergency Form- Please print and complete and bring to program on your child's first day
- Do not send your child to school if they are not feeling well or have a temperature over 100.4.
- If a child indicates they do not feel well, you will be called for immediate pick up.
- If a child has COVID symptoms, they may not return to the program until they are symptom free for 14 days or have a negative COVID test. If ill for other reasons, they cannot return to the program until symptom free.
Face coverings have been mandated by the state of California for whenever you will be near someone you do not live with. Staff and children must wear face masks at all times. We are firm on this policy for the safety of staff and participants.
If your child has a medical need that prohibits them from wearing a mask, the attached form is required AND the child must wear a face shield. We are firm on this policy for the safety of staff and participants.
We cannot guarantee your child will not contract COVID-19. If you choose to send your child to a CARD program, you are doing so with the understanding that there is potential risk of exposure.
Should we be made aware of a participant or staff member testing positive, we will work with Butte County Public Health to determine notification and next steps. Each situation is different and will need to be managed on a case by case basis. Responses may range from self-quarantine of those directly exposed to closure of the program for a specified time.
- Participants must stay home if they show any symptoms of illness including fever, cough or flu-like symptoms.
- At check-in, parents and participants will use hand sanitizer before approaching the table.
- Once the participant is signed-in, they will be directed to their group. Parents may not enter the program facilities.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, enrollment in most programs has been reduced.