The Community Program provides a variety of recreation and leisure activities to meet the various needs of adults with developmental disabilities in our community. We provide adaptive day, weekend, and evening opportunities for individuals to socialize. Some of the many activities that are provided through the Community Program include:
- Overnight camping and outdoor recreation experiences during the summer
- One to two out-of-town excursions quarterly
- A variety of local evening activities held quarterly
- A yearly week-long trip to a bigger destination, such as Disneyland, Hawaii, etc.
- Six dances each year, with transportation options for participants living nearby
- Weekly bowling groups in Paradise and Oroville
Do-It Leisure holds six dances a year at which participants can enjoy peer interaction. Our dances are full of action and participants can enjoy things like music, dancing, a photo booth, snack bar, novelty shop and more. All dances are held on Friday Nights. $6 for members/$10 for non-members. For questions or information, please call Do-It Leisure at (530) 343-6055.