4th-5th Grade Game Information:
Practices start the week of January 6. Contact your coach and/or check your email for practice updates!
- Click here for the 4th Grade GIRLS Game Schedule
- Click here for the 4th Grade BOYS Game Schedule
- Click here for the 5th Grade GIRLS Game Schedule
- Click here for the 5th Grade BOYS Game Schedule
For practice information, please contact your coach directly. All players should bring a basketball to practice. The 4th leagues use a size 5 ball, the 5th grade leagues use a Women's size ball (28-28.5).
Pictures will take place before each team's game on Saturday, January, 25. See picture schedule below.Picture Schedule for 4th & 5th Grade Bball. 1.25.2020.pdf
4th-5th Grade League Information & Registration
Each 4th-5th grade league will feature one practice a week (day and time based on gym availability) and one game on Saturdays. Genders will be seperated in divisions. Practice day and time is determined by your volunteer coach. All teams are guaranteed to have at least one hour of indoor practice space per week. We work to to facilitate a positive and fun environment that uses basketball as a tool to promote health, confidence, teamwork, leadership, integrity and more. General youth sports jerseys are mandatory and can be purchased at the CARD Office for $15.
The final registration deadline passed on 11/26. Click HERE to get on our waitlist for the 4th-5th grade leagues.
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS:
4th Grade BOYS I Course # 5435 I Click here to get on the waitlist
5th Grade BOYS I Course # 5436 I Click here to get on the waitlist
4th Grade GIRLS I Course # 5437 I Click here to get on the waitlist
5th Grade GIRLS I Course # 5438 I Click here to get on the waitlist
Buddy/Special Request: Do you have one friend you want to request your player to play with or do you have a special coach/practice request you need to let us know about? Go to www.chicorec.com/buddy to fill out a Buddy Request/Special Request form by the registration deadline!
Practices: Practice day and times are determined by your volunteer coach and availability. Practices are dependent on available gym space. Volunteer coaches get to pick their practice slot based on when they turn in their volunteer application.
- 1st-3rd Grade Leagues: Saturdays from 11/2-12/14 (no games on 11/30),5 game guarentee per team)
- 4th-5th Grade Leagues: Saturdays from 1/11-3/7 game guarentee per team
Locations: Practice and game locations are dependent on available gym space. Locations will include “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House, the Dorothy F. Johnson Center and other community gyms.
Team Formation: All teams will be formed using our team formation procedure. Genders will be seperated. Grades will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league. This will be determined after the registration deadline. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
Skills Evaluation: The below schools have enough players registered to form two teams. CARD will be hosting a skills evaluation for team formation. Please make every effort to have your player attend their skills evaluation:
Interested in Coaching? Find more information and a volunteer application online at www.chicorec.com/volunteer-to-coach
- Seating is limited at all locations. Please bring a chair if you have one available.
- Due to safety, spectators are not allowed to sit behind any service line.
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators. All persons in the gym are expected to follow CARD's Code of Conduct.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc.