Flag Football Mini League (3rd-8th Grade)
General youth sports jersey is mandatory and can be purchased at the CARD Office for $15. One practice and one game a week during this 6 week season (no end of season tournament). Mouth guards must be worn at all games and practices. NEW team formation for our “mini leagues”- all teams will be formed using a skills evaluation.
Players will be emailed their team information before practices are scheduled to start.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 3/6/20 ($55)
Final Registration Deadline: 3/13/20 ($65)
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS:
3rd Grade I Course # 5970 I Register online
4th Grade I Course # 5973 I Register online
5th Grade I Course # 5974 I Register online
6th Grade I Course # 5975 I Register online
7th Grade I Course # 5978 I Register online
8th Grade I Course # 5979 I Register online
Practices: Practices are dependent on the coach’s availability.
Games: Games will run on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays (depending on the total number of teams) between 4-7 PM, from 4/1-5/7. Each game is approximately one hour. Game day is tentative and are subject to change. There is no end of season tournament in mini leagues.
Uniforms: Players must have a General Youth Sports jersey by their first game. Jerseys can be purchased at the CARD office for $15, and are the same jersey used in all our flag football leagues. Mouth guards must be provided by the player and worn at all games and practices.
Locations: Practice location is dependent on each team’s coach. Games will be played at DeGarmo Park and other community parks based on field space and conditions.
Team Formation: NEW! All teams will be formed using a skills evaluation for our “mini leagues.” Grades will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league. This will be determined after the registration deadline. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
Skills Evaluation: A mandatory skills evaluation will be on Wednesday, March 25. Look out for an email with more information as we get closer.
Buddy Request: Do you have one friend you want to request your player to play with? We have added a “Buddy Request” question when you register for our “mini leagues.”
Interested in Coaching? Find more information and a volunteer application online at www.chicorec.com/volunteer-to-coach
- Seating is limited at all locations. Please bring a chair if you have one available.
- Due to safety, spectators must sit on the opposite sideline as players and coaches,
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc.