Junior Giants: 5-13 Years Old
Registration Opens on 4/1/20 at gojrgiants.org.
Registration Closes on 5/8/20
The season will run from the week of June 15 through the week of August 3 (last game is on Saturday, 8/3), visit, gojrgiants.org
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Because this is a free program, each team will be required to provide the following volunteers: Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and 2 Team Parents.
Parents are needed to volunteer as either a coach, assistant coach or team parent. Please complete the registration process for the volunteer role that interests you. Please review: Coach Job Description & Team Parent Job Description. If you are interested in volunteering, please find more information and a volunteer application online at www.chicorec.com/volunteer-to-coach
All volunteers are required to register for a background check through Sports Illustrated Play and complete a separate background check through CARD (at no cost to the volunteer).
MORE INFORMATION: Players will receive an email with their team's information by Sunday, June 14 by 5PM. Practices will start the week of June 10. Please make sure emails from @chicorec.com and @SFGiants.com do not go to your junk mail.
MORE QUESTIONS?: Email Recreation Coordinator, Kris Orduno at (redacted)
Players will be emailed their team information by Sunday, June 14 from an "@chicorec.com" email address.
Game schedules are posted online at www.TeamSideline.com/chico, The email you receive by 6/14 will update you on your team color.
- 5/6 Years Old Game Schedule (will be posted by 6/14)
- 7/8 Years Old Game Schedule (will be posted by 6/14)
- 9/10 Years Old Game Schedule (will be posted by 6/14)
- 11-13 Years Old Game Schedule (will be posted by 6/14)
Click here for a Community Park layout to figure out what field you are playing on. Don't forget to check out the Information Table each Saturday for questions, picking up reading incentives and reminders.
Should there be inclement weather, please visit the Field Condition website at www.chicorec.com/fields one hour before your game is scheduled to start. Should a game have to be canceled, we are not able to make it up.
- For specific questions about practice times, please contact your coach. Volunteer coaches get to decide practice time and location.
- No score is kept in any Jr. Giants game- the team with the most smiles wins!
- There is limited seating at all game locations. Please feel free to bring a chair if you have one available. Spectators/parents must stay out of the dugout areas unless they are cleared volunteers.
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc
- Email our Recreation Coordinator at (redacted)