Junior Giants: 5-13 Years Old (age as of 7/1/22)
REGISTRATION HAS OPENED! Make sure to register early, as spots will be limited and the league will fill!
Click here to register through LeagueApps!
Registration Note: LeagueApps is a NEW registration system for the Junior Giants program and all participants will need to set up a new account. Please be sure to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while using LeagueApps. Internet Explorer is not completely compatible with LeagueApps and will have missing functions. Click here for help with registering for Junior Giants.
- 5/6 Division (as of 7/1/22) is currently FULL. Click here to get on the waitlist
- 7/8 Division (as of 7/1/22) is currently FULL. Click here to get on the waitlist
- 9/10 Division (as of 7/1/22) is currently OPEN. Click here to register.
- 11-13 Division (as of 7/1/22) is currently OPEN. Click here to register.
- Volunteers are very much needed: Click here to register as a volunteer
Junior Giants is a FREE, non-competitive, co-ed, baseball league that focuses on life skills using baseball as a vessel. Through each child’s experiences as part of a team, they will learn the Four Bases of Character Development – Confidence, Integrity, Leadership and Teamwork – and the importance of Education, Health and Bullying Prevention, and Respect. The Junior Giants partnership between CARD and the SF Giants Community Fund, and all the volunteers that step up to help- allows us to offer this amazing program.
Junior Giants is a volunteer-run program! We are actively recruiting head coaches, assistant coaches, and team parents. We need one of each for every team. We will not be able to continue running this amazing program without volunteers. Make sure to click here to register as a volunteer!
First Pitch League Information
Pick a Virtual or In-Person Option
The First Pitch Meeting is an orientation meeting for all parents and participants in Junior Giants. It will break down the entire season, give updates from past seasons, and reminders about how to set your kiddo up for success. Choose one of the options below:
- In-Person Option 1: Monday, May 23 from 5:15-6:15 PM at the Dorothy F. Johnson Center, 775 East 16th St.
- In-Person Option 2: Tuesday, May 31 from 5:15-6:15 PM at the Dorothy F. Johnson Center, 775 East 16th St.
- Virtual Option: See below for a virtual version of the First Pitch Meeting or click here.
Practices will start the week of June 13. All practices will be at Community Park, 1900 Dr. MLK Jr. Parkway. You will receive an email before Friday, 6/10 by 5pm with your specific team's information (including practice time, and game schedule)
- 5/6 Year Olds: All teams will be practicing on Thursdays after 5pm, times vary by team
- 7/8 Year Olds: All teams will be practicing on Wednesdays after 5pm, times vary by team
- 9/10 Year Olds: All teams will be practicing on Tuesdays after 5pm, times vary by team
- 11-13 Year Olds: All teams will be practicing on Mondays after 5pm, times vary by team
All games will be on Saturdays, starting 7/9-8/6. Start times will vary between 8:45am-2pm. All games will be at Community Park, 1900 Dr. MLK Jr. Parkway. Game schedules will be posted here no later than 6/10 at 5pm.
Volunteer Information: We NEED You!
The Junior Giants program is a partnership between the San Francisco Giants Community Fund and CARD. We are only able to continue running this fantastic FREE program if we get enough volunteers. Please complete the below steps if you have any baseball experience, coaching experience (any sport), or are organized and efficient. We are currently looking to fill 3 roles for each team: Head Coach (has baseball or coaching experience), Assistant Coach (has baseball or coaching experience OR has worked with kids before), and Team Parent (is organized and efficient, no experience needed). Volunteers typically only spend an average of 3 hours per week on Junior Giants during the season.
Click the below PDF for meeting dates:CARD Jr. GIants Volunteer Information- Trainings and Season Dates.pdf
Complete the first step to making a huge impact on your community, and helping spread a love of the game:
If you are a new CARD volunteer, you can Click here to sign up for a livescan/background check. We will walk you through the volunteer process at your appointment.
If you have volunteered with CARD in the past 2 years, Click here to register yourself as a Junior Giants Volunteer.