Whether your child is new to basketball or a seasoned player…they will have fun in our 6th-8th grade jr. high basketball league. Paid coaches will help your player grow their fundamentals and teach them game strategies throughout the season. Teams will practice once per week, and have a paid coach. Reversible jersey with a number, is included in the registration cost. Jerseys will be distributed at the first game.
Players will be emailed their team information before practices are scheduled to start.
6th-8th Grade BOYS Early Bird Registration Deadline: 10/7/19 ($99)
6th-8th Grade BOYS Final Registration Deadline: 10/14/19 ($109)
Click HERE to get on the waitlist after 10/14/19
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS:
6th Grade BOYS I Course # 5461 I Final registration deadline has passed, click HERE to get on our waitlist
7th Grade BOYS I Course # 5462 I Final registration deadline has passed, click HERE to get on our waitlist
8th Grade BOYS I Course # 5463 I Final registration deadline has passed, click HERE to get on our waitlist
6th-8th Grade GIRLS Early Bird Registration Deadline: 12/2/19 ($99)
6th-8th Grade GIRLS Final Registration Deadline: 12/9/19 ($109)
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS:
6th Grade GIRLS I Course # 5464 I Click here to register
7th Grade GIRLS I Course # 5465 I Click here to register
8th Grade GIRLS I Course # 5466 I Click here to register
Buddy/Special Request: Do you have one friend you want to request your player to play with or do you have a special coach/practice request you need to let us know about? Click here to fill out a buddy/spceial request form by the registration deadline!
Practices: Practice day and times are determined by your paid coach and availability. Practices are dependent on available gym space.
Games: Game times will vary between 4-8PM.
- 6th-8th Boys Leagues: Wednesdays and/or Fridays from November through mid-January
- 6th-8th Girls Leagues: Wednesdays and/or Fridays from mid-January through mid-March.
Locations: Practice and game locations are dependent on available gym space. Locations will include “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House, the Dorothy F. Johnson Center and other community gyms.
Team Formation: All teams will be formed using our team formation procedure. Genders will be seperated. Grades will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league. This will be determined after the registration deadline. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
Skills Evaluation: Staff will contact participants for a skills evaluation if a skills evaluation is needed.
- Seating is limited at all locations. Please bring a chair if you have one available.
- Due to safety, spectators must sit on the opposite sideline as players and coaches.
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators. All persons in the gym are expected to follow CARD's Code of Conduct.
- All players, coaches and spectators on-site will be expected to follow CARD's Refusal to Abide by the Official protocol.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc.