Little Wonders: 4-5 Years Old
A preschool program for ages 4-5
Are you looking for an exciting preschool program for your child to start for the 2019-2020 school year? Look no further! Little Wonders is a brand new program guaranteed to get your “Little Wonder” ready for Kindergarten by making learning fun and adventurous! Through interactive play and stimulating hands-on activities, Little Wonders’ curriculum encourages exploration and discovery of both academic and social learning skills. Science experiments, cooking fun, field trips, animal discovery, and more, will cultivate a life-long enthusiasm for wonder and learning in your little one!
- 8AM-9AM: Drop off your Little Wonder. Option to bring your own breakfast if you drop off before 8:30AM.
- 9AM-12PM: Class awesomeness filled with wonder, excitement, learning, and fun.
- 12PM-12:30PM: Pick up your Little Wonder.
Program Instructor: Amanda Jean
Program Location: Dorothy Johnson Center at 775 East 16th St. in the Cedar Room
Questions?: Email Recreation Supervisor, Erin Gonzales, at (redacted)
Register for September 2019 to hold your spot for the 2019-2020 school year
- May | M-Th | 5/4-5/21 | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | $291 - Register Online
- May | M/W | 5/4-5/20 | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | $195 - Register Online
- May | Tu/Th | 5/5-5/21 | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | $199 - Register Online
*There is a $10 late fee for registration recieved after the last day of the previous month. For example, if registration for October was recieved 10/1 instead of 9/30, the $10 late fee would be applied.
Little Wonders Curriculum
- Sciences & Technology: Science experiments and exploring technology will be part integrated in Little Wonders.
- Music & Art: Music will be listened to daily/weekly, and use of basic beat patterns will be explored. Artwork will be a daily experience.
- Math & Language: Math and Language will be worked on throughout the sessions with progressions each week.
- Social Learning: Small and large group interactions during structure and open play time to allow each Little Wonder to grow.
- Emotional Growth: Positive behavior management is used to give each child the opportunity to learn and grow emotionally.
- Play & Wonder: Hand-on experiences and play will be included each day. Interactive opportunities, field trips, cooking fun, animal discovery and more will cultivate life long enthusiasm for wonder and learning!
What Else Do I Need to Know About The Program?
How do I register for Little Wonders? If there is room in the class, you will be able to register immediately online or at the CARD Office at 545 Vallombrosa Ave. If the class is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when an opening becomes available.
How long is the session? Little Wonders is an ongoing class with monthly payments (due the last day of the previous month). Should you choose not to continue, please notify your program director, so they can make the necessary adjustments in class. Find the school year's calendar below in the "2019-2020 Program Calendar & Payemtn Info."
How do payments work? The fee for the class is due by the 1st of each month. If payment is received on or after the 1st of the month, there is a $10 late fee . Automatic payment is available for your convenience, and guarentees your spot in the program for the entire school year.2019-2020 Program Calendar & Payment Info.pdf
Tiny Tots Program Forms
Required Form (to be turned in at the first session child attends)General Emergency Form 2019.pdf
Optional Forms:Automatic Payment.Toddlers 19-20.pdfDirectivetoRestrictAccess.pdf
Parent Information:2019-2020 Program Calendar & Payment Info.pdf2019-2020 Parent Handbook.pdf
Welcome Letter:Little Wonders Welcome Letter from Ms. Amanda.pdf