New students can join at the beginning of any month!
Are you looking for an exciting new preschool program for your child to start for the 2018-2019 school year? Look no further! Little Wonders is a brand new program guaranteed to get your “Little Wonder” ready for Kindergarten by making learning fun and adventurous! Through interactive play and stimulating hands-on activities, Little Wonders’ curriculum encourages exploration and discovery of both academic and social learning skills. Science experiments, cooking fun, field trips, animal discovery, and more, will cultivate a life-long enthusiasm for wonder and learning in your little one!
- 8AM-9AM: Drop off your Little Wonder. Option to bring your own breakfast if you drop off before 8:30AM.
- 9AM-12PM: Class awesomeness filled with wonder, excitement, learning, and fun.
- 12PM-12:30PM: Pick up your Little Wonder.
Program Instructor: Amanda Jean
Program Location: Dorothy Johnson Center at 775 East 16th St. in the Cedar Room
Questions?: Email Recreation Supervisor, Erin Gonzales, at (redacted)
Mondays and Wednesdays | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | 4-5 Years Old | Fee $195
Tuesdays and Thursdays | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | 4-5 Years Old | Fee $199
Mondays through Thursdays | 8:00 AM-12:30 PM | 4-5 Years Old | Fee $289
*There is a $10 late fee for registration recieved after the last day of the previous month. For example, if registration for October was recieved 10/1 instead of 9/30, the $10 late fee would be applied.
Little Wonders Curriculum
- Sciences & Technology: Science experiments and exploring technology will be part integrated in Little Wonders.
- Music & Art: Music will be listened to daily/weekly, and use of basic beat patterns will be explored. Artwork will be a daily experience.
- Math & Language: Math and Language will be worked on throughout the sessions with progressions each week.
- Social Learning: Small and large group interactions during structure and open play time to allow each Little Wonder to grow.
- Emotional Growth: Positive behavior management is used to give each child the opportunity to learn and grow emotionally.
- Play & Wonder: Hand-on experiences and play will be included each day. Interactive opportunities, field trips, cooking fun, animal discovery and more will cultivate life long enthusiasm for wonder and learning!