Little Wonders Preschool Program
Little Wonders Preschool Program for Ages 3-5
New participants can join the current school year at any time!
2023-2024 registration is open! Click here to register for September 2023 to guarantee your spot!
The magic of Little Wonders brings a child’s imagination to life! This STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) focused program will feature hands-on activities each week that will foster your little one’s curiosity and creativity.
Through interactive play and stimulating hands-on activities, Little Wonders’ curriculum encourages the exploration and discovery of both academic and social learning skills, explorations, cooking fun, field trips, animal discovery, and more, will cultivate a life-long enthusiasm for wonder and learning in your little one!
Little Wonder participants must be able to use the restroom independently, able to make transitions easily, and ready for an experience away from their families.
Program Instructor: Ms. Dallas. Click here to meet Ms. Dallas.
Program Location: Dorothy Johnson Center at 775 East 16th St. in the Toddler Room (enter through the playground gates, and the classroom is the second door on the left)
Monday through Thursday
- 8:15 AM-9 AM: Drop off your Little Wonder
- 9 AM-12 PM: Each month will be filled with a variety of educational components that will set your little one up for a love of learning!
- 12 PM-12:15 PM: Pick up your Little Wonder
Each month runs Monday through Thursday. We are not able to prorate for specific days. Click here to review the program calendar. The monthly fee is based on the number of days of the program.
Registration is first come, first serve each month, unless participants are signed up for Automatic Payments.
NEW STUDENTS CAN JOIN AT ANY TIME!
SEPT 2023: Click here to register online
OCT 2023: Click here to register online
NOV 2023: Click here to register online
DEC 2023: Click here to register online
JAN 2024: Click here to register online
FEB 2024: Click here to register online
MAR 2024: Click here to register online
APR 2024: Click here to register online
MAY 2024: Click here to register online
Little Wonders Curriculum
- Academics: Weekly themes including Letters, Numbers, Colors, Shapes, and more will be explored with progression throughout the program. STEAM Explorations will be included weekly where Little Wonders will learn Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics topics through play and exploration.
- Social Learning: Little Wonders will learn the importance of roles, responsibilities, and being part of a team through both structured and open play group interactions. Skills such as sharing, taking turns, following rules, and communicating needs will be practiced daily.
- Emotional Growth: Positive behavior management will be used to create a space for each Little Wonder to learn how to regulate big feelings and grow into their unique selves.
- Physical Education: Movement and energetic play will be incorporated into every Little Wonder’s day through sports, group games, gardening, and other hands-on activities.
- Play & Wonder: Learning through play will be encouraged and included each day. Art, Music, guided as well as free play, and time spent in our garden will be a weekly occurrence. Interactive opportunities, field trips, cooking fun, animal discovery, and more will cultivate lifelong enthusiasm for wonder and learning!
What Else to Know About The Program:
Participants must be able to use the restroom independently, able to make transitions easily, and ready for an experience away from their families.
What to Bring: Each day, Little Wonders should bring a backpack filled with a hearty snack, nutritious lunch, plenty of water, and an extra pair of clothes.
Days & Times: Little Wonders runs Monday through Thursday Click here to review the program calendar to see holidays and days off.2023-2024 Calendar.pdf
Enrollment & Fees: Registration and billing is on a month-to-month basis. Monthly fees vary based on the number of days of the program. CARD does not pro-rate for days unattended. Spots can be secured for the entire year by signing up for Automatic Payments, otherwise, spots are filled on a first-come/first-serve basis. Participants can sign up for the morning and/or afternoon programming.2023-2024 Automatic Payment.pdf
Participants that sign up for Automatic Payments will be processed on the closest business day which is 5 days prior to the last day of each month for the program the following month.
Program Details: For program details, click here to view the 23/24 Parent Handbook.2023-2024 Parent.Guadian Handbook.pdf
Little Wonder Resources & Forms
General CARD Forms;
CARD's Tax ID #94-1156263