INDOOR VOLLEYBALL LEAGUES: 4th-8th Grade
Bump, Set, Spike! Do you have a volleyball player in your house? If so, this is the perfect league for them! Practices will concentrate on skill building, setting, passing, spiking, digging, and serving. Each team will have one practice a week, and a 6-game guarantee during the season (6th grade and up will include an end-of-season tournament starting on game 6. No end-of-season tournament for 5th grade and below). The cost of a team shirt is included in the cost of registration!
Teams will be loosely based on grade and where players attend school. Genders will be combined for volleyball. All teams will be formed at the discretion of CARD staff and if necessary, skills evaluations.
FALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration is first come, first serve and will close once the division is full or the deadline passes- whichever happens first.
4th-5th Grade Registration Deadline: Open until filled ($113)
6th-8th Grade Registration Deadline: Open until filled ($123)
- 4TH GRADE: Click here to get on the waitlist
- 5TH GRADE: Click here to get on the waitlist
- 6TH GRADE: Click here to get to the waitlist
- 7TH GRADE: Click here to get on the waitlist
- 8TH GRADE: Click here to get on the waitlist
- 9TH-12TH GRADE: Click here for more information
For more information on all CARD Youth Sports leagues, visit us at: www.chicorec.com/youth-sports-general-information
Updates: Players will be emailed their team information (from an @chicorec.com address) by Friday 9/8/23 by 5 PM.
Practice Days: Practices start the week of September 11. Please review the assigned practice days and time frames below. Locations & times may fluctuate based on gym availability. Each team will have one practice before their first game. Practices will be 1.5 hours, varying between 3:30-8p. Practices will be located at the Arron Ray Clark Memorial Field House gym at Community Park or the Dorothy F. Johnson Center.
- 4th Grade: All practices will be on Mondays
- 5th Grade: All practices will be on Thursdays
- 6th Grade: All practices will be on Wednesdays
- 7th & 8th Grade: All practices will be on Tuesdays
Games: Game schedules will be posted at www.TeamSideline.com/chico by Friday 9/8/23 by 5 PM. Games will run on Fridays, starting 9/15. Each team will have a 6-game guarantee. Games will start any time between 4-8 PM. Each game is approximately one hour. The 6th-8th grade leagues will also have an end-of-season tournament, starting on their 6th game. All game days are tentative and are subject to change. Game schedules are posted at www.Teamsideline.com/chico
- 4th Grade Game & Practice Schedules
- 5th Grade Game & Practice Schedules
- 6th Grade Game & Practice Schedules
- 7th Grade Game & Practice Schedules
- 8th Grade Game & Practice Schedules
Uniforms: The cost of a team shirt is included in the cost of registration. Team shirts will be handed out on-site during week 1 or week 2’s games.
Coaches: Coaches in the 4th- 5th-grade leagues will be CARD volunteers. Coaches in the 6th-8th grade leagues will be CARD-paid staff.
- Interested in coaching in volunteering? Visit us at www.chicorec.com/volunteer-to-coach
- Interested in becoming a paid coach? Visit us at: www.chicorec.com/jobs. Positions open until filled.
Locations: Practice and game location is dependent on gym availability. A majority of practices will be at the “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House at Community Park or the Dorothy F. Johnson Center but may vary slightly based on gym availability.
Special Requests: One buddy request can be made during the registration process Coach requests are not accepted. Please read the buddy request process closely to ensure it is valid. Buddies must request each other to be valid.
Team Formation: Teams will be loosely based on grade and where players attend school. Genders will be combined for volleyball. Grades will be combined if there are not enough players in a specific grade to run a league on its own (for example: 4th/5th may combine into one league if necessary) All team formation is at the discretion of CARD staff.
- Skills Evaluations: CARD will contact participants for a mandatory skills evaluation if needed for a specific grade/school.