Seeking 8th-11th graders who
- possess a positive attitude and cooperative spirit
- are proactive and take initiative
- have a genuine interest in working with children and developing leadership skills
The Youth Leader (YL) program is a great opportunity for teens to develop leadership and communication skills while serving as positive role models for young campers. Under the supervision and direction of experienced staff members, YLs learn how to assist with activities and interact with campers, as well as perform general duties involved in the operation of summer camps. YLs can choose from a variety of camp options and can register for multiple weeks. YLs must attend an orientation, interview and specific camp trainings, will receive a camp shirt, the YL handbook and a certificate of participation.
Summer Program Fees Registration deadline May 1
Youth Leader Registration $40*
Weekly Camp Sessions $35
*Registration fee refunded if applicant is not accepted into program
Summer Camp Options
YLs can choose from a variety of camp programs. Participation can range from 1 to 9 weeks, based on availability. Camp selection is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Weekly session dates
Jun 11 Jul 9 Jul 30
Jun 18 Jul 16 Aug 6
Jun 25 Jul 23 Aug 13
Interviews and Mandatory Training Information
Interviews have been scheduled for Thursday, May 3rd and Friday, May 4th from 4:00-6:00 PM at Pleasant Valley Recreation Center.
All Youth Leader Mandatory Training is scheduled for Monday, May 21st from 4:00-6:00 PM at Lakeside Pavilion.
How to Apply
New Youth Leaders
- Register using course #2433 - Register Online
- Receive notification of interview, program application and camp selection instructions from Program Coordinator
- Schedule and attend an interview
Returning Youth Leaders
As a returning YL, an interview may not be required.
- Register using course #2434 - Register Online
- Receive camp selection instructions from Program Coordinator
- Review camp options and register