Youth Scholarship Program
If you would like to donate to the Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship, you have 3 options:
- Online by clicking HERE
- In person at the CARD Office at 545 Vallombrosa Ave with cash, card, or check
- Make a check out to "CARD" and write Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship on the memo line, and mail to:
545 Vallombrosa Ave
Chico, CA 95926
How to apply for a Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship:
The Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship program was established to assist families financially who live within the district boundary lines and are unable to participate in fee-based recreation programs due to economic constraints. To receive financial assistance, applicants will pay 40% of the recreation program fee, complete the Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship application, and show that their household income falls within the eligibility guidelines with submission of one of the accepted proofs of income. Each approved applicant will receive 60% off registration fees paid to a maximum amount of $100 to be used for recreation programs within the calendar year.
1. Scholarships are available to Chico Area Recreation and Park District (CARD) residents ages 1-17, who meet the income requirements. An application and proof of income are required each calendar year.
2. Please complete the application and provide one of the following acceptable proofs of income
A. A copy of your last Federal Income Tax Return (form 1040/1040EZ/1040NR) showing that you fall under the income eligibility guidelines.
B. Proof from the school district that the child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
C. Proof that the child is a foster child.
3. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are funded only if there are available resources.
4. If approved, scholarships will be awarded for 60% of the registration fee, up to $100 per program. The scholarship recipient, or the recipient’s family/guardian, must pay the remaining amount of the program fee(co-payment) at the time of registration. The participant is responsible for all supply fees, transportation to and from the program, and any additional costs.
5. A maximum scholarship amount of $100 per child, per calendar year will be awarded.
6. Participants eligible for the Jan Sneed Youth Scholarship program will remain confidential and will be treated in the same manner as those participants that pay full price for the same service. No family will be discriminated against because of race, color, gender, religion, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
7. Applicants who falsify information, or do not attend the program regularly, may be ineligible for future scholarships.
8. If extenuating circumstances prevent regular attendance, please contact the CARD Office at (530)895-4711.If your child cannot attend the program for any reason, you must contact the CARD Office prior to the program start date. Failure to do so may result in a suspension of scholarship benefits for one year including all family dependents.
If you would like to apply for a CARD scholarship, please stop by the CARD Office at 545 Vallombrosa Ave or send us an email at email@example.com so we can send you an electronic application to fill out.