Passages HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program) is announcing its upcoming Medicare workshop series. These on-line workshops are designed to help people understand how to navigate their Medicare coverage, particularly their appeal rights for denials of coverage.
Workshops are delivered via ZOOM and are scheduled from 10 to 11:30 AM on the following dates:
- April 29: It’s not covered! Understanding Medicare Part D prescription coverage denials – How to Appeal
- May 27: But I’m not ready to go home! Challenging hospital or skilled nursing care discharges
- June 24: I can’t afford my medical costs! How to save on medical & prescription costs
- July 22: Why did Medicare deny payment for a service I received? Understanding your Medicare Summary Notice, and how to appeal the denial
- August 26: Be a smart Medigap shopper! How and when to shop for (or change) a Medigap/Medicare Supplemental policy
Registration required by calling Passages HICAP at 530-898-6716. ZOOM links will be emailed following registration. Unfortunately, in-person workshops cannot be scheduled due to the COVID pandemic.
For more information or to make a counseling appointment with a State registered counselor, call HICAP at PASSAGES at 1-800-434-0222, or locally at 530-898-6716. HICAP does not sell or endorse any insurance products.
PASSAGES, a service of California State University, Chico, supports the lives of adults in the communities it serves. For more information about PASSAGES services go to www.passagescenter.org