Thank you for your interest in CARD!
CARD is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation with the top priority being the safety of our participants and staff. As of right now we are actively recruiting for fall & school-year positions with your safety in mind. Please see below openings and apply!
YOUTH AND ADULT SPORTS
CARD is currently looking for energetic, passionate and kind people to staff our upcoming programs. Staff are responsible for making sure all players/coaches/spectators are gaining a “love of the game” in a positive, safe and age appropriate environment, while following the expectations and goals of the CARD Sports Department.
Recreation Coordinator for Adult Sports: Ongoing Recruitment
- $24.22 - $26.70/hr
- The Recreation Coordinator will assist in the development of District community recreation programs, events, and activities. The Recreation Coordinator plans, coordinates, and supervises recreation and community service programs in addition to directly supervising temporary/seasonal part time team members.
- This position is a part-time, extended position. Recreation Coordinator will work varying hours including evenings and some weekends, with an example of a typical shift being 3:30pm-9:00pm.
Youth VOLLEYBALL Coaches: Ongoing Recruitment
- CARD is currently looking for energetic, passionate and kind people to staff our upcoming fall volleyball programs. Staff are responsible for making sure all players/coaches/spectators are gaining a “love of the game” in a positive, safe and age appropriate environment, while following the expectations and goals of the CARD Sports Department.
- SCHEDULE: Practices start the week of March 21. Coaches will have one 1.5 hour practice, once a week (days and times will vary between 3:30-8PM and assigned based on staff's schedule). Games will be Fridays from 3/25-5/13 between 3:30-8PM.
Youth TODDLER Coaches: Ongoing Recruitment
- Chico Area Recreation & Park District is accepting applications for staff for our spring 2022 "ShortE" & "Little Athlete" programming for ages 3-7.
- Staff are responsible for making sure all players/coaches/spectators are gaining a “love of the game” in a positive, safe and age appropriate environment, while following the expectations and goals of the CARD Sports Department.
- SCHEDULE: Program times will vary between 2-5:30PM on Monday-Friday and 9AM-12PM on Saturdays. Staff must be available for at least 3 days of programming each week to be eligible to work.
Youth BASKETBALL Officials & Coaches: Ongoing Recruitment
- $14.00 - $20.00/hr
- TIMES: Please note that our basketball programs run mid-October 2021-March 2022. There is no program 11/22-11/26 for Thanksgiving Break and 12/20-1/2 for Winter Break.
- COACHES: Practices will be on Mondays, Tuesday or Thursdays from 3:30-5PM, 5-6:30PM, or 6:30-8PM. Each team only has one practice and one game a week. Games will be Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 11/3-3/11 between 3:30-7PM. Practices start the week of November 1.
- OFFICIALS: Games for all leagues will be on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturday from 11/3-3/11. Weekday game times will vary between 4-9PM. Saturday games will vary between 9AM-3PM.
- WANT THE MOST HOURS? Sign up to be an official AND coach :-)
Recreation Coordinator - Inclusion Programming: Ongoing Recruitment
- Employee will assist the District in meeting the tenants of the Americans with Disabilities Act in providing community access to programs and services through reasonable accommodations; meeting the social and leisure needs of individuals with disabilities through the development of recreation programming; and to provide direct training and supervision to temporary part-time staff, full-time staff and/or volunteers. Position involves interactions with parents, caregivers and service providers of persons with disabilities throughout the community.
Toddler Program Manager - Nature School Preschool: Applications Due 12/12/2021
- The Program Manager for Nature School, with minimal direction from the Supervisor, will develop and teach the daily structure of preschool classes to its participants. Program Managers are encouraged to share their knowledge and passions to create enthusiasm for learning, while teaching the general curriculum appropriate for the ages in the program. The Program Manager will work independently and be responsible for direct supervision of participants and aides, learning and safety of participants, the program classroom, communication with families, and general oversite of the program.
- When in session the Program Manager must be available to be on site Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-1:30 PM. Select hours may be scheduled other days and times. Position is 0 to 29 hours per week dependent on registration levels, holidays and planning needs.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
After School Program Recreation Leader: Ongoing Recruitment
Click HERE to apply for the After School Program Leader position
- $14.00/hr in 2021, $15.00/hr in 2022
- We're searching for talented, energetic, responsible individuals who are serious about having fun! After School Leaders will assist children grades 1-5 with homework, facilitate activities and create a safe and fun environment. Leaders are expected to enrich the lives of the children by providing a nurturing environment and unique opportunities for them to learn and grow.
Facility Attendant I: Ongoing Recruitment
- $15.50 an hour
- Facility Attendant I's perform a wide variety of duties related to customer service and ensuring our facilities are open and ready for use. As a result of the usage of CARD facilities, the position will primarily require both night and weekend shifts.
Maintenance Aide: Ongoing Recruitment
- $14.00 an hour
- Part-time - 28 hours per week
- The position of Maintenance Aide is an important part of the CARD team, providing support for a variety of needs in our parks and facilities. Duties include set up and cleanup of recreation programs and special events; assist with planting projects and helping maintain and remove trees and shrubs; perform a variety of custodial duties including restroom and facility cleaning, sweeping, mopping and trash removal.
Course Instructors: Click to see more info
If you do not see a position that interests you, please click the link below to be notified when new positions open: