CARD YOUTH & ADULT LEAGUES COVID REQUIREMENTS (March 2021)
In order to run leagues, CARD is required to follow the guidelines set forth by the CA Dept. of Public Health at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/outdoor-indoor-recreational-sports.aspx
CARD WILL BEGIN PHASING IN THE BELOW LEAGUES:
Registration and league dates for the below will be staggered based on staff and field availability.
- Adult & Youth Pickleball League (outdoor moderate-contact)
- Youth Outdoor Volleyball League (outdoor moderate-contact)
- Adult Kickball League (outdoor moderate-contact)
- Adult Softball League (outdoor moderate-contact)
- Adult Soccer League (outdoor high-contact)
- Youth Flag Football League (outdoor high-contact)
Number of teams will be limited based on space (allowing all leagues to also follow COVID protocols) & staffing available. Indoor sports leagues cannot start until Butte County is in Yellow Tier.
Game schedules will be posted online at www.teamsideline.com/chico at least one week before games start.
All Youth Sports instructional programming (CARD Sport Institutes & ShortE Sports) will continue running through all tiers.
CARD LEAGUES WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN IF THE FOLLOWING IS ADHERED TO BY ALL INVOLVED:
- Adjusted case rate equal to or less than 14 per 100,000 people.
- All participants sign an informed consent COVID waiver upon registration
The following requirements are mandated for CARD sports leagues in each area of play (field or program area):
LIMITATIONS ON OBSERVERS:
- No observers allowed into any indoor facility for practices, and are only allowed on-site for league games.
- Observers maintain at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- Mixing with other households prior to and post any practice or competition must strictly adhere to current gathering guidance.
FACE COVERINGS EXPECTATIONS:
- Face coverings worn by participants during practice, conditioning and during competition, even during heavy exertion as tolerated. Each youth player will have a "break spot" they will be able to go to should they want to take off their mask for any reason. See the American Academy of Pediatrics Interim Guidance on Return to Sports for specific exceptions where the face covering may become a hazard.
- Face coverings to be worn when not participating in the activity (e.g., on the sidelines).
- Face coverings to be worn by coaches, support staff at all times, and in compliance with the CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings.
- Adult Softball: Face coverings required in dugout or on sideline. Face coverings are recommended during play, if social distancing can not be maintained.
HYGIENE & EQUIPMENT EXPECTATIONS:
- No sharing of drink bottles and other personal items and equipment.
- When equipment is shared during an activity, participants perform hand hygiene (wash hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer) before play, during breaks, at half time, and after the conclusion of the activity.
- Balls or other objects or equipment can be touched by multiple players during practice and play if the above hand hygiene practices are followed.
RETURNING TO SPORTS AFTER INFECTION:
- No one with symptoms of COVID-19 or who is in isolation or quarantine for COVID-19 is permitted to attend practices or competitions.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 should consult their physician for testing and notify their coach, and program Coordinator/Supervisor of their symptoms and test results.
- Youths recovering from COVID-19 will have different paths to return to sports based on the severity of their illness. See the American Academy of Pediatrics Interim Guidance on Return to Sports for additional guidance for more serious infections.