Welcome to CARD's Hiking Club, for grades 2nd-8th! This exclusive club will focus on showing participants the wonderful world of hiking in Chico's very own Upper Park, while exploring it's native animals and plants. Each day will not only feature a hike, but will also include a craft, game, activity or scavenger hunt to add some extra excitement!
Visit www.ChicoRec.com/fields for updates in regards to updates to program and weather conditions.
Current session running 1/30-2/27.
Click here to register for the next CARD's Hiking Club
- COST: $59
- GRADES: 2nd-8th
- DATES: Saturdays, 3/27-4/24 (no program 4/3)
- TIME: 9:30AM-11:30AM
- LOCATION: We will be meeting at the Chico Community Observatory (1 Observatory Way) for drop off and pick up.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Parent/guardians must sign their participant in and out each session at the Observatory.
- Each hike will be at a pace that keeps all participants safe, and will be at a easy/intermediate level.
- Masks must be worn by participants at all times except during water breaks. Social distancing will be maintained. Click here for more information on CARD's mask policy.
- We will NOT have the program if weather does not permit for safe terrain. We will update our CARD weather website, www.ChicoRec.com/fields, by 8:30AM each Saturday IF we cancel program for any reason that day.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- First session: Completed Emergency Form (please do not email form, and instead bring form completed on-site on the first day)
- All sessions: A cloth mask that covers participant's nose and mouth, closed toed shoes and athletic clothing with layers, full water bottle that can be carried on each hike, and a backpack to put all belonging in (each participant is responsible for carrying all their belongings at all times). Participants should already arrive with sunscreen on!