Welcome to CARD's Hiking Club, for grades 2nd-8th! This exclusive club will focus on showing participants the wonderful world of hiking in Chico's very own Upper Park, while exploring its native animals and plants. Each day will not only feature a hike but will also include a game, activity, or scavenger hunt to add some extra excitement!
Visit www.ChicoRec.com/fields for updates in regards to updates to program and weather conditions.
Please note that you will not be contacted by a coach or staff before the program, and should show up the first day of your registered time, ready to hike!
- COST: $59
- GRADES: 2nd-8th
- DATES: Saturdays, 9/25-10/16 Click here to register
- TIME: 9:15AM-11:15AM
- LOCATION: We will be meeting at the Chico Community Observatory (1 Observatory Way) for drop-off and pick up.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Each hike will be at a pace that keeps all participants safe and will be at an easy/intermediate level.
- Masks are optional (not mandatory).
- We will NOT have the program if the weather does not permit safe terrain. We will update our CARD weather website, www.ChicoRec.com/fields, by 8:15 AM each Saturday IF we cancel the program for any reason that day.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Closed toed shoes and athletic clothing with layers
- Full water bottle that can be carried on each hike
- A light snack to have during break
- Backpack to put all belonging in (each participant is responsible for carrying all their belongings at all times).
- Participants should already arrive with sunscreen on!