Spring Volleyball 5th-12th Grade Leagues Information
Bump, Set, Spike! Do you have a volleyball player in your house? If so, this is the perfect league for them! Practices will concentrate on skill building, setting, passing, spiking, digging and serving. Each team will have one practice and one game a week during the season.
Players will be emailed their team information before practices are scheduled to start. Cost of registration includes a team shirt.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 3/4/19 ($95)
Final Registration Deadline: 3/11/19 ($105)
- 5th Grade (#4099)- Click here to register
- 6th Grade (#4100)- Click here to register
- 7th Grade (#4101)- Click here to register
- 8th Grade (#4102)- Click here to register
- 9th Grade (#4103)- Click here to register
- 10th Grade (#4104)- Click here to register
- 11th Grade (#4105)- Click here to register
- 12th Grade (#4106)- Click here to register
Game Schedules/Tournament Bracket: Game schedules will be updated by 3/22/19
- 5th-8th grade games will be played on Fridays, starting 3/29-5/17 (no games 4/19)
- *NEW* High school games will be played on Wednesdays, starting 4/3-5/15
Practices: Practices are dependent on available gym space and coach availability. Each team will have one practice a week during the season.
Buddy/Special Request Form: Do you have one friend you want to request your player to play with? Are you not available a particular day for practices? Click here to fill out a buddy/special request by the registration deadline!
Locations: Practice and game locations are dependent on available gym space. Locations will include “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House, the Dorothy F. Johnson Center and other community gyms.
Picture Schedule: Picture schedules will be updated when available.
Uniform Update: Cost of team shirt is included in the registratin fee. Team shirts will be handed out on-site before pictures.
Team Formation: All teams will be formed using our team formation procedure. Grades and genders will be combined if there aren’t enough players to sustain a league. This will be determined after the registration deadline. All team formation is at the discretion of the Recreation staff.
Skills Evaluation: Staff will contact participants for a skills evaluation if one is needed.
- Seating is limited at all locations. Please bring a chair if you have one available.
- Due to safety, spectators are not allowed to sit behind any service line.
- Due to the size of the league and not being affiliated with any school district, we are unable to change the game schedule (including days/times) once it's posted live.
- There is no tolerance for unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, or spectators.
- Persons or players participating in activities sponsored by CARD are not covered in any way for personal liability, property damage, medical injuries, etc.
Volleyball Instructional League: 3rd-4th Grade
This instructional league is open to all youth in 3rd and 4th grade. Coaches will work with players the first 2 weeks to introduce the sport of volleyball using basic skill techniques and formations. The last 3 weeks will be 20 minute practices and a formal 40 minute game each day. Fundamentals and simple game strategy will be taught throughout the program. Show up the first day and be ready to play! You will not be contacted by a coach for this program. General youth sports jersey is optional (can be purchased at the CARD Office for $15). “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House at Community Park at 1900 Dr. MLK Jr. Parkway.
Registration deadline: Open until filled or program starts, no on-site registration available
Age: Grade 3-4
Saturdays | 4/27-5/18 | 9:30-10:30 AM | Fee: $47 I Register online
Saturdays | 4/27-5/18 | 10:45-11:45 AM | Fee: $47 I Register online
Volleyball Academy 3rd-8th Grade
Does your player need a little extra work before the season starts? This volleyball academy is a great opportunity for players to focus on the fundamental skills with optimal results before leagues begin. We will focus on passing/setting and serving with game-like scenarios at the end. Show up the first day and be ready to play! You will not be contacted by a coach for this program. “Arron Ray Clark Memorial” Field House at Community Park
Registration deadline: Open until filled or program starts, no on-site registration available.
Course #4093 Saturdays | 4/6 & 4/13 | 9:30-10:30 AM | Grade 3th-5th | Fee $21 | Register online
Course #4094 Saturdays | 4/6 & 4/13 | 10:45-11:45 AM | Grade 6th-8th | Fee $21 | Register online
Course #4095 Tuesdays | 6/18-7/9 | 5:45-6:45 PM | Grade 3rd-8th | Fee $37 | Register online
Course #4096 Tuesdays | 7/16-8/6 | 5:45-6:45 PM | Grade 3rd-8th | Fee $37 | Register online